Hyderabad Original Name Was Bhagyanagar? ASI Said No Information ANN
ASI Reply On Hyderabad Name: These days in India, the...
ASI Reply On Hyderabad Name: These days in India, the process of changing the names of historical and old cities is going on. In the recent past, the names of many cities have been changed and there is a demand to change the names of many. The name of Hyderabad of South India has also been included in this list.
In recent times, the discussion of the BJP calling Hyderabad as Bhagyanagar and renaming the city is in full swing. In such a situation, the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has said in response to an RTI that it has no information about renaming Hyderabad as Bhagyanagar.
ASI’s reply on Bhagyalakshmi temple
The ASI revealed that it does not even have any details of the historical records of the Bhagyalakshmi temple in Charminar, Hyderabad. Let us tell you that the ASI’s response to the Bhagyanagar name and Bhagyalakshmi temple in Hyderabad was given in response to an application filed by RTI activist Robin Zachius. Robin had sought records or historical evidence on these cases from the ASI under the Right to Information (RTI).
RTI activist asked these questions to ASI
- The RTI activist sought information from the ASI whether Hyderabad was ever renamed as Bhagnagar, Bhagyanagar and later renamed?
- According to ASI records, in which year (if any) was Hyderabad renamed as Bhagyanagar or Bhagnagar?
- The activists asked to share historical evidence such as inscriptions, coins or other evidence mentioning the name of Bhagmati or Bhagyanagar.
- It also asked whether the ASI had any record of the proposal to change the name of Hyderabad by former Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Robin also asked to tell the year of construction of Bhagyalakshmi temple at Charminar.
- Does ASI Hyderabad have any record or evidence that Bhagyalakshmi temple (or any) temple existed where Charminar is?
ASI gave this answer
In response to these questions, ASI’s Hyderabad circle said on August 4, “No such details are available with this office”. There are about eight monuments under the ASI Hyderabad circle. It includes Charminar and Golconda Fort of Hyderabad.
Chinese Attack: China’s missile attack on Taiwan-Japan on the pretext of maneuver! There was a stir in the world, both the countries said this on the dragon’s attack
Monkeypox in US: Monkeypox spreading rapidly, health emergency declared in America, so many cases have been reported so far