Shaheen Bagh Bulldozer Action: After Jahangirpuri in Delhi, now the MCD bulldozer has reached Shaheen Bagh area as well. On Monday, May 9, MCD officials arrived here to take action against illegal construction. The ruckus lasted for several hours and finally the MCD officials had to return. During this, the leaders of the Aam Aadmi Party in power in Delhi and some Congress leaders were also seen standing with the public. After this, Delhi Police has registered a case against Aam Aadmi Party leader Amanatullah Khan regarding this matter. At the same time, the matter also reached the Supreme Court. Know 10 big things about this whole matter –
- The issue of bulldozer action in Shaheen Bagh was raised in the Supreme Court, on which the Supreme Court refused to hear. The Supreme Court said that, first the matter should go to the High Court. That is why the petitioner should appeal there. The court said that this case is different from Jahangirpuri.
- During this, a bench of Justice L Nageswara Rao and Justice BR Gavai expressed displeasure over the filing of petitions by political parties. The bench said – “Why is the CPI(M) filing the petition? Which fundamental right is being violated? Not at the behest of political parties. This is not a forum. You go to the High Court.”
- At the same time, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the Municipal Corporation in the Supreme Court, questioned the intention of the petitioners and said, these people are trying to mislead the Supreme Court. Encroachment by encircling the road is being removed on the orders of the High Court. This campaign has been going on for a long time.
- A statement also came out from Delhi SDMC Mayor Mukesh Suryan regarding this whole matter. In which he said that, we had to make so much effort in Shaheen Bagh. Is Shaheen Bagh not a part of Delhi or does the law of the country not apply? Action was taken at Tilak Nagar, Shooting Range but no one came and stopped. They (leaders) did not go to Shaheen Bagh but to save their illegal encroachment.
- Politics also heated up regarding the action of the bulldozer. Many leaders reached the spot and opposed the MCD. Among them was Aam Aadmi Party MLA Amanatullah Khan. He said that the encroachment in the area has been removed. We removed the encroachment ourselves. BJP only wants to do Hindu-Muslim.
- Congress leader Imran Pratapgarhi also reached the spot and opposed this action of MCD. During this, he said that, we are standing with every place which BJP wants to destroy. He said that being with a poor is not a politics. Congress party stands with every poor.
- After this BJP came forward and responded to the allegations. Delhi BJP state president Adesh Gupta said that today, the way AAP and Congress leaders are lying in front of the bulldozers to save their encroachment, the public is watching them. The people of Delhi will make him lie down soon. They have come in support of terrorists, they have come in support of Bangladeshi Rohingya.
- During this action of MCD, a complaint has also been given on behalf of MCD against the leaders who reached Shaheen Bagh. Aam Aadmi Party leader Amanatullah and other leaders have been accused of creating obstruction in the action. After which the police have registered a case against Amanatullah Khan and others. South East district DCP Isha Pandey says that appropriate legal action is being taken on the complaint.
- Regarding this action, the SDMC’s Central Zone President said that an operation was planned in Okhla and Jasola last month, but it could not be carried out due to lack of adequate police force.
- After Shaheen Bagh, an anti-encroachment drive will now be conducted on May 10 near Gurdwara Road near New Friends Colony, while on May 11, near Meherchand Market, Sai Baba Mandir in Lodhi Colony and near Jawaharlal Nehru Metro Station, an anti-encroachment drive will be conducted.
read this also –
Shaheen Bagh: SC refuses to stop anti-encroachment campaign, says- case separate from Jahangirpuri, keep it in High Court
Gyanvapi Survey Case: Order may be issued regarding Gyanvapi Masjid survey case, court commissioner will decide tomorrow