Rashtrapatni Remark Row BJP Demanded Apology From Sonia Gandhi And Congress Accused Bjp Of Misbehaving With Sonia Gandhi | Rashtrapatni Remark: Congress-BJP ruckus in Lok Sabha, Sonia Gandhi said- ‘Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury apologized’
President Remark Row: On Thursday, there was a huge uproar...
President Remark Row: On Thursday, there was a huge uproar over the statement made by Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury regarding President Draupadi Murmu. While the BJP MPs raised this issue loudly in the Lok Sabha, the Congress accused the BJP MPs of treating Sonia Gandhi with indecent and degrading behavior. Know the big things related to this matter.
- Congress leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury on Wednesday used the word ‘national wife’ for President Draupadi Murmu. After which, accusing the Congress of insulting President Draupadi Murmu, the BJP demanded Sonia Gandhi to apologize for the statement of her party leader Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury.
- BJP MPs created a ruckus in both the houses of Parliament over the issue and demanded an apology from Sonia Gandhi. Congress President Sonia Gandhi said about Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury’s remark that he has already apologized.
- Union Minister Smriti Irani launched a scathing attack on Sonia Gandhi, saying, “Sonia Gandhi approved the humiliation of a woman on the highest constitutional post of the country.” Smriti Irani also called Sonia Gandhi anti-tribal, anti-Dalit and anti-women.
- Smriti Irani alleged that, “Ever since NDA made Draupadi Murmu its presidential candidate, Congress has been maliciously targeting her. She was even called a puppet by Congress leaders. The Congress knew that the President of India had to do this. Addressing in this manner insults not only her constitutional position but also the rich tribal heritage that she represents.”
- In the Rajya Sabha, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman attacked the Congress and demanded an apology from Congress President Sonia Gandhi for Adhir Ranjan’s remarks. He termed the Congress leader’s remarks as “sexist” (gender discrimination) and demanded an apology from the country and the President for the Congress.
- At the same time, the Congress claimed that many BJP MPs and ministers in the Lok Sabha, including Union Minister Smriti Irani, behaved indecently and abusively with party President Sonia Gandhi. Such a situation was created that she (Sonia) could have been hurt. The main opposition party said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi should apologize for this behavior of its ministers and leaders.
- Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, while clarifying his remarks about the President, said that a word came out of his mouth by mistake and BJP has no issue, so it is raising it. I myself will meet President Draupadi Murmu and apologize. BJP is making sesame palm. I will apologize to the President, but will not ask the hypocrites of BJP.
- Congress General Secretary Jairam Ramesh tweeted, “Unlimited and abusive behavior by Union Minister Smriti Irani in Lok Sabha today, but will the Speaker of the Lok Sabha condemn it? Are rules only for the opposition?” “Whatever is happening in the Rajya Sabha. The Finance Minister was allowed to speak during the Zero Hour. Then the Leader of the House was allowed to present his case during the Question Hour. The Speaker should be independent but alas. I suggested that all opposition MPs,” he said. should be suspended like it used to be in the Gujarat Assembly.”
- Congress Deputy Leader in Lok Sabha Gaurav Gogoi said, “Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has already apologized. If they (BJP members) expect us to respect women leaders and the President, why did they not show such behavior? Sonia Gandhi The treatment done to him is not good. Today he could have been physically hurt. BJP people think that if Sonia Gandhi will get scared then it is their mistake. She is a fearless and decent leader. She herself is the women MPs of BJP. and wanted to talk in a very polite manner, but in response to her decency, she was treated very badly by BJP MPs.” He claimed that BJP MPs and ministers surrounded him from all sides and created an environment in which he could get hurt.
- The National Commission for Women (NCW) has sent a notice to Congress MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury to appear in person and give a written explanation for his remarks. The National Commission for Women has asked Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury to appear on August 3 at 11.30 am. The NCW has also written to Congress President Sonia Gandhi to intervene in the matter and take appropriate action against Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury.
read this also-
Rashtrapatni Remark: On the statement regarding the President, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury said, ‘I will apologize to Draupadi Murmu’
Rae Bareli and Amethi MPs face to face in Parliament over Adhir Ranjan’s ‘national wife’ statement